Current Affairs for competitive examinations- July 27, 2019
Welcome to the Current Affairs section.
These are written mainly for aspirants of Banking, SSC, IBPS, or competitive exams like UPSC, APPSC, TSPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB State Level Public Service Commission, and other exams.
Current Affairs bits help in the last minute preparation for various exams.
Current Affairs One-Liners help a lot.
Watch below some of Current Affairs- One-Liners
1-The US and Guatemala have inked a deal on immigration asylum.
2-Hyderabad businessman Satish Sana has been arrested in controversial meat exporter Moin Qureshi case.
3- Chris Gayle has been included in the 14-member West Indies ODI squad for India series.
4-NDRF- National Disaster Response Force
* TOPS- Target Olympic Podium Scheme
* CCIT- Comprehensive convention on international terrorism
* DRI- Directorate of Revenue Intelligence
* GURU- Global University Ranking Utility
5- A beta version of the updated Cortana app for Windows 10 has been released by the Microsoft.
6-Chandigarh has finally got affiliation from the Board of Control for Cricket in India after nearly four decades.
7- B. Sai Praneeth has crashed out of Japan Open semis as he lost to World no. 1 Kento Momota.
8-The Sports Ministry to strategise for 2020, 2024 Olympics by forming a High-level committee.
9-Facebook-owned WhatsApp has been building desktop version that works without a phone.
10- The US has approved $125m support package for Pakistan’s F-16s warplanes.
11-Jofra Archer has been named in England squad for 1st Ashes Test.
12-Asian Championships silver medallist Ashish Kumar (75 kg) has won Gold at the Thailand Open International Boxing Tournament 2019 in Bangkok.
13-South Korean auto major Kia Motors to launch ‘Made in India’ car in Andhra Pradesh’s Anantapur district on Aug 8.
14-The YSRCP government in Andhra Pradesh will host an investment summit on August 9.
15- Drug manufacturer Alkem Laboratories founder Samprada Singh has passed away.
16-Pakistan Army chief Gen. Qamar Javed Bajwa’s term likely to be extended.
17- Russi Taylor (75), the voice actress has passed away.
* She is known for behind the Disney character Minnie Mouse.
18- Congress MP Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury is the Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee.
19-Priya Priyadarshini Jain got the honour to be felicitated with Indian Woman of Influence award at House of Lords, United Kingdom Parliament, London.
* Priya Priyadarshini Jain is the Social Entrepreneur and Philanthropist.
20- Pakistan is preparing to send its first Astronaut to space in 2022.
* Pakistan will use Satellite Launching facilities of China.
21-Sunil Kumar is the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited.
* Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited is a state-owned telecommunications service in Mumbai and New Delhi.
22- Atanu Chakraborty is the new Economic Affairs Secretary replacing Subhash Chandra Garg.
23-A total of 6 firms was honoured in the 3rd Edition of CSR Journal Excellence Awards.
* YES Bank Ltd. won in the Health & Sanitation category.
* Hindustan Zinc won in the Agriculture & Rural Development category.
* ReNew Power won in Women Empowerment & Child Welfare category.
* Aditya Birla Capital Ltd. won in the Sports category.
* Tata Power won in Education & Skill Training category.
24-Mary Kom and Amit Panghal to feature in inaugural Indian Boxing League that will be held from October 20 to November 9.
25-Government has been implementing Rashtriya Gokul Mission to conserve and develop indigenous bovine breeds.
* NPBBD- National Programme for Bovine Breeding and Dairy Development
26-Union Cabinet has approved the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Amendment Act, 2012.
27- A workshop on Effective utilization of Red Mud has been organized by the Ministry of mines.
28- A Chinese startup namely iSpace has launched the first commercial rocket of China- Hyperbola-1– into the Earth’s orbit.
29- NIMH will be dissolved to merge it with ICMR National Institute of Occupational Health (NIOH).
* NIMH- National Institute of Miners’ Health.
Also, watch more current affairs here
Watch GK/General Awareness/ General Studies for here