Current Affairs for various competitive examinations- July 3, 2019
Welcome to the Current Affairs section.
These are written mainly for aspirants of Banking, SSC, IBPS, or competitive exams like UPSC, APPSC, TSPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB State Level Public Service Commission, and other exams.
Current Affairs bits help in the last minute preparation for various exams.
Current Affairs One-Liners help a lot.
Watch below some of Current Affairs- One-Liners
1-Rohit Sharma’s knock of 104 against Bangladesh saw five sixes at the Edgbaston Cricket Ground.
* Rohit Sharma met her fan hit by his six after the match and gave autographed hat.
2- Captain Virat Kohli and deputy Rohit Sharma met the oldest Indian fan present at the Edgbaston Cricket Ground on Tuesday.
* She is 87-year-old Charulata Patel.
* India defeated Bangladesh by 28-runs.
3-International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director Christine Lagarde nominated to lead the European Central Bank.
4- West Indies and Sri Lanka have been fined for a slow over-rate.
* It was their last World Cup match in Durham.
* Sri Lanka won by 23 runs.
5-Telugu actor G. Shivaji prevented leaving India at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad.
* The actor was booked in Alanda Media case.
6- ITBP- The Indo Tibetan Border Police; LBT- Location Based Technologies; FICN- Fake Indian currency notes
* CCEA- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs; AFC- Asian Football Confederation
* CAPFs- Central Armed Police Forces
* ELSS- Equity Linked Savings Scheme
7-Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has been planning to open 300 gyms across India by 2020.
8-Middle-order Indian batsman Ambati Rayudu has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
* It is alleged that he has been overlooked for World Cup spot multiple times by the Board Of Control For Cricket In India (BCCI).
* Rayudu played for India in 55 ODIs and six T20Is, scoring 1,694 and 42 runs respectively.
9-The Meghalaya government has been asked by the Supreme Court to deposit Rs 100 crore as fine imposed on it by the NGT for not curbing illegal mining.
10-The construction of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games stadium is 90 percent complete.
11-Turkish First Lady Emine Erdogan slammed for carrying a $50,000 bag during a trip to Japan with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
12- Singers Shaan, Benny Dayal, Daler Mehndi, Meet Bros, SANAM and Arvind Vegda have come up with anthems to boost Team India which has now reached the semi-finals in the World Cup tournament.
13- Former Uttarakhand Governor Sudarshan Agarwal has passed away.
14-3rd July is the 2nd World Bicycle Day.
15-The Hungarian parliament has enabled the takeover of research institutes by Prime Minister Viktor Orban’s government by passing a bill.
16-Supreme Court judgments will be available in 6 Regional Languages i.e Assamese, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Odia and Telugu on the official website by this month-end.
17-The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has started operating the 1st ‘Aadhaar Seva Kendra’ in Delhi and Vijayawada.
* It has an ambitious plan to set up 114 such centers by the year-end.
18-Uttar Pradesh Government will set up Ganga Committees in all 25 districts situated on the banks of river Ganga.
19-Rs 2.05 lakh-crore Budget has been presented by Gujarat’s Finance Minister Nitin Patel.
20-Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan will raise health services expenditure to 2.5% of the country’s GDP (Gross domestic product) by 2025.
21-Lee Iacocca (94), the US auto industry executive has passed away.
* He created the Ford Mustang and saved Chrysler from bankruptcy in the 1980s.
22-A doyen of the Indian industry, Mr. Birla has passed away at the age of 98 years.
* Birla Group patriarch was the chairman of Century Textiles and Industries.
23- Chief of International Monetary Fund(IMF) Christine Lagarde has been nominated as the first woman to head the European Central Bank.
24-German Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen has replaced Jean-Claude Juncker to head the European Commission.
25-Manoj Kumar Nambiar is the new Chairman of Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN).
* He served as the Managing Director of Arohan Financial Services.
26-Indian pro boxer Vaibhav Yadav has defeated Thailand’s Fahpetch Singmanassak in Patayya.
* He has thus become the WBC Asia silver welterweight champion.
Also, watch more current affairs here
Watch GK/General Awareness/ General Studies for here
Facebook Comments Box